Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based on job-related factors, such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform essential functions of a particular job. It is our policy of Valtech Corporation to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Support and belief in this principle is a basic responsibility of all employees here at Valtech Corporation.
Responsible for supporting the Technical Director by providing analysis and testing of various detergent formulations.
Laboratory Chemist (must be authorized to work in the U.S.)
Location/ Department: Pottstown, PA / Research and Development
Reports to: Technical Director – Detergents
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Valtech Position Level: N13
Works with: Technical Director, Laboratory Technician
Job Summary: Responsible for supporting the Technical Director by providing analysis and testing of various detergent formulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts chemical, instrumental and physical laboratory testing.
• Prepare experimental formulations.
• Provide samples and technical supports to the customer and for manufacturing activities.
• Document results of tests, analyses and research activities.
• Evaluate and analyze the test results.
• Provide recommendations based on testing and analysis.
• Sets up laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research and/or process control.
• Prepare detailed written technical reports of development activities for records, distribution and publication.
• Familiar with hazardous material and communication requirements and procedures.
• Maintain neat and accurate records of all analytical and experiments conducted.
• Must be able to work with the chemicals without adverse/allergic reaction with reasonable chemical hygiene.
• Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary data.
• Maintain a safe and efficient work place.
• Prioritizes workload and request to ensure customer and employee satisfaction are delivered.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Prepares reports and correspondence and maintains files.
• Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities as required.
• Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software including MS Office, phone, calculator, shredding/copy machine.
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions. Provide accurate and timely information.
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health, safety procedures, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
• Other responsibilities as required.
Please email resume to Shui Ping Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org)